Did you ever wonder how celebrities manage to look different every time they appear at a new event? They hire skilled hairstylists who know how to install hair extensions. Hair extensions can add volume, length, and even a new color, making them one of the easiest ways to help a client make a dramatic transformation into a new look.
Hair extensions are in-demand, too: today hair extensions alone make up $6 billion dollars of the $532 billion beauty industry, and that figure grows every day.
That’s why it could be a good idea to add hair extension classes to your education at some point in your career. In your hair extension classes, you will learn how to:
- install the extensions
- create different styles with extensions
- care for and use textured hair extensions
- add chemical-free color and non-committal color to the extensions
There are classes you can take in hair extension installation at hair schools that can help you build your portfolio for guest services. That makes you a more attractive job candidate. Salons are more likely to hire a newly licensed beauty school graduate who can demonstrate a wide variety of innovative skills and abilities.
Wish we could be on campus with our ARTIST’s but instead, we’re bringing campus to you! 🏫➡️💻.
The Salon Professional Academy (TSPA) just launched temporary distance-learning or temporary online learning for our cosmetology and esthetics programs. Just like it is for you, it is new to us as well. We are all a little stressed and adapting to our new world as quickly as possible. To make your transition into the beauty world smooth, here are our top 3 tips to help you launch your online classes –
Tips For Online Learning:
- Manage your time. Set up a view of your daily & weekly schedule by first mapping out a calendar of all of the assignment and activity due dates along with work and family commitments. It’s okay to be selfish, block off time each week to get classwork done. Online classes tend to have a weekly flow and include discussion boards that require student participation. Plan to be a part of the conversation.
- Be a good participant. Good discussions are thoughtful, your best resources to help you bring good discussion starters can be from peer conversations, headlines, lecture and course materials. Great responses go beyond agreeing with your peers. Build on the discussion with your own ideas and experiences.
- Build your social community. Share contact information with your peers to connect on homework assignments and for social support. Be a part of TSPA’s Facebook pages for enrolled students to get the best information fast and easy access to peer conversations on campus and homework topics. Your campus is here to support you every step of the way. Online students benefit from the same support as on-campus students, including help with financial aid to questions about technique.
Be kind to yourself. We are all in uncharted territory right now but we all have each other’s support even if it’s temporarily from a distance right now.
Whether you’re interested in attending TSPA or just missing home, take a virtual tour with us! 🎥. Angela in admissions is just a call (903) 871-5700), Text ((903) 952-7395) or email away from your future.
A Cosmetology Degree is Your Path to a Better Future!
According to Forbes, America needs trade school graduates now. A career in the beauty industry could be your ticket to financial security!
The beauty industry is worth $523 billion dollars. The average American woman even spends nearly a quarter of a million dollars on hair and make-up in her lifetime!
That’s why the job outlook for cosmetologists, barbers, hairstylists, and make-up artists is better than any other field right now. The need is so great that you can start working and earning as soon as you complete a short trade school certificate in cosmetology!
How can you cash in on this trend?
- Investigate the different skills you can develop. You can become a hairstylist, make-up artist, skincare specialist, and more.
- Search for trade schools in your area or online to see what’s available.
- Talk to admissions counselors to find out what program is right for you.
- Enroll in a program at a trade or cosmetology school. Programs are short and affordable, and available in all areas of cosmetology.
An affordable trade school certificate can put you on the road to work in no time. If you want a career path with a stable financial future, consider enrolling in a cosmetology program! Start School From Your Home – Online learning has begun. Book your virtual tour with Angela Admissions (903) 871-5700 Adm. TEXT ONLY (903) 952-7395
Ready To Start Something New? Discover What a Career In Beauty Could Offer You
If you find yourself wishing that you were in a different career, you’re not alone. Many college students change majors at least once, if not twice before graduation. Although changing a career once you’ve been in a field for a few years can be challenging, it’s not impossible. No matter what held you back from pursuing your dream job, it’s time to break down the barriers. The Salon Professional Academy can help you take the steps you need to enter the beauty industry.
If you’ve always dreamed of working in the beauty industry, then you need information. It’s important to know the facts before changing careers. Here are seven reasons many people get into the field:
- Beauty is timeless. Cosmetology is an evergreen career, because there will always be people who need to have their hair cut and styled.
- The beauty industry is a career that travels. You may find yourself working at a spa in the Rocky Mountains, a cruise ship or in a small town. The choice is yours, and it’s not limited by the industry.
- The employment growth rate for cosmetologists, barbers and hairdressers is 13 percent, which is faster than the average of 6 to 7 percent for most careers.
- In a beauty career, you have more flexibility to set your own hours. You can own your business, but even when you’re working for someone else, you have many opportunities to work outside the normal 9 to 5 schedule.
- The beauty industry has a lot of creativity and changes. Think back 20, 30 or 50 years. Hair and makeup styles have come a long way. Cosmetologists and beauticians are trendsetters. If you want to be on the front line of creating new style and learning new trends, beauty school might be the place for you.
- You have the opportunity to touch people’s lives. As a cosmetologist, you will interact with your community every day, helping each person become the best version of themselves. It’s rewarding to see someone smile when their hair is styled in a way that suits them.
- Beauty school is a non-traditional environment. If you learn best by actually doing, not listening to lectures, cosmetology school is for you. That’s not to say you won’t have to sit through a lecture now and then, but you will get to put your skills to work right away.
Don’t Let These Common Misconceptions Hold You Back
- You aren’t going to make enough in a beauty career to support your family. Not True, although what you earn often depends on your motivation, your skills and where you work, you’ll find many salons that have cosmetologists as the owner/entrepreneur. The opportunities are only limited by your imagination and talent.
- Cosmetology isn’t a real career. There’s an underlying notion that a career isn’t a “real” career unless college is involved, but the beauty industry has strict regulations that require classes in chemistry, anatomy, business management and more. Cosmetologists are required to prove their skills through licensing and get continuing education to maintain their place in the field.
- I don’t have time to pursue my dreams. Whether you work weird hours, have kids or just have a demanding job that you can’t leave while you’re learning new skills, it doesn’t make sense to leave your dreams on the table. Sometimes, you just need to know your options about how you can make changes to get to where you want. After all, most things in life that hold you back won’t change without some effort on your part.
At The Salon Professional Academy, we have different schedule options that can help you take the first steps towards a cosmetology career. If it seems impossible that you can find the time, money or education, let one of our enrollment specialists brainstorm with you about how you can make it happen.
Contact us to make your career dreams a reality. Tour the school and see what we have to offer.