Are you thinking about going to beauty school but are worried about the cost? Fear not: You may qualify for many state, local or federal grants, loans, and other forms of financial assistance! You can begin learning more by filling out and filing the Free Application for Financial Student Assistance. That’s right: all you have to do is fill out one application to find out what kinds of financial assistance may be available to help you manage your education costs, including tuition and other education-related expenses.
Many people think that financial assistance is only available for students at traditional four-year colleges and universities, but that’s not true. Students at career schools are just as eligible for financial assistance.
To be eligible for federal student aid, applicants must meet a few basic qualifications. You must:
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen (such as a permanent resident or refugee)
- have a Social Security number
- prove that you have a financial need for aid
- be registered with the Selective Service if you are a male student
- be enrolled or accepted at a qualifying college or career school
- maintain what is called “satisfactory academic progress”
There may be other qualifications depending upon your personal circumstances. Most beauty schools have financial assistance specialists that can help you apply for options So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to start your education! Contact our admissions office as soon as possible to learn what’s available to you.